As a Tenant it is vital you choose a letting agent you can trust. Avenue Homes are here to help and support tenants to make their property rental a success.
- Browse the properties we have to let here Or on Rightmove and call us on 0121 306 0147 to book a viewing.
- View the property! If it’s the one for you then take away an application form with you to complete.
- Fill in the application form and pay the non-refundable application fee of £200 for the first tenant and £50 for any additional tenants over the age of 18 living in the property. It is usually preferable to telephone us to check the property is still available. The application fee can be taken by bank transfer and account details will be made available to you on request. If you require a guarantor, we will need them to fill out a separate application (available on request) and a further £100 referencing fee.
- Once we have received the completed application, we will first obtain the landlord’s approval and then we will send it to the referencing company.
- Once we receive approval from the referencing company we will telephone you to agree a date to commence the tenancy. This must be within 4 weeks following your tenancy application.
- On that date you will sign the Tenancy Agreement. The first month’s rent and a deposit of one and a half months rent must be cleared funds. You will then be given the keys to your property and a copy of the signed tenancy agreement. For your piece of mind, your deposit will be held securely at the Deposit Protection Service. If you would like more information on this, please visit DPS Tenant Information
- Should you wish to extend your tenancy and your landlord is in agreement, an administration charge of £60 will apply for each renewal.
Single Tenant Application and Referencing Fee
Additional Tenant Application and Referencing Fee
(all additional tenants over the age of 18)
Guarantor Application and Referencing Fee
Move in date changed by tenant
1.5 x Rent (eg. £500 rent = £750 deposit)
£150 extra for pets (subject to landlord’s discretion)
Late Rent Payment Reminder Letter
Missed Contractor, Landlord or Agent Visit
Check Out Inspection
Criteria for Tenants and Guarantors
Do you fit the criteria to pass the credit referencing and have a right to rent?
- Are you able to supply 3 years address history?
- Do you earn 2.5 x Rent due on a monthly basis? (E.g. £500pcm rental x 2.5 = £1250. The tenants therefore must earn £1250pcm accumulatively)
- Do you have any adverse credit history? (E.g. CCJ’s –Must be less than £300 and be disclosed).
- Have you been Employed for the last 12 months?
- Are you Self Employed? If you are, you will need to have been self-employed for the last 3 years and either have an accountant who can verify your income or have 3 years self-assessment forms.
- Are you able to provide ORIGINALS of the following documents
Tenants within the EEA or Switzerland
One of the following:
- British /EEA passport (current)
- Valid biometric immigration document
- Certificate of naturalisation as a British citizen.
Or Two of the following:
- Birth certificate
- Letter dated within the last 3 months from an employer
- Letter from UK educational institution
- Full or provisional driving licence (with counterpart).
Tenants from other countries
The following documentation must be endorsed to indicate that the named person may stay in the UK for a time-limited period:
- Valid passport/travel document
- Biometric immigration document
- Residence card
- Immigration status document issued by the home office
- A ‘yes’ response from the Landlords Checking Service.
Don’t forget to advise the local council that you have moved in, visit www.gov.uk council-tax-bands to find out what council tax band you will be in
Click here for a quote for your Utilities including; gas, electric, phone, broadband
Click here for a quote for your contents insurance.
Does your lettings contract require you to have the property professionally cleaned before check out? click here for a quote